Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spin the Bishop!- 16/8/09

We just had our stake boundaries changed, and we have a new Bishop in Kawana Ward. So it was a "get to know the Bishop" singing time. And today has to have been my favorite Singing Time in Kawana so far, it was a lot of fun! I organised for Bishop to come in and we started his visit by singing him the song "He's our Bishop." Then I asked bishop to come and sit in a spinning chair in the middle of the room (I got it out of the clerks office), and the children sat in a circle around Bishop. I asked Bishop to point his arms out straight like a pointer, then I spun him around on the chair. When he came to a stop, the child he was pointing to got to come up and pick a question out of a pretty box I had in my hand. These were some of the questions, and some of the songs I added to the questions:

1. How long have you been married?
2. What was your favorite subject at school?
3. Where did you serve a mission? (Called to serve)
4. What sort of car do you drive?
5. What are some of your hobbies?
6. How many children do you have and what are their names? (I am a child of God)
7. Do you have any pets?
8. What's your favorite Book of Mormon story? (Book of Mormon Stories)
9. What sort of books do you like to read?
10. What's your favorite food? (Popcorn Popping)
11. What's your favorite Primary Song? (Sing Bishop's favorite song)
12. What are your favorite sports?
13. Where were you born?
14. What is your favorite hymn? (Sing his favorite hymn)
15. Have you ever broken any bones? (Hinges)
16. What do you do for a living?



The children were so well behaved (mainly because Bishop was there) and they all really enjoyed watching Bishop get dizzy on the chair. And it was a really nice way for the children to get to know the Bishop a bit better. You could add any other songs to the questions, but I found I didn't need too many songs as we ran out of time quickly. At the end of singing time we presented bishop with a bucket that had all the Primary children's hands cut out, with their names on them, on coloured paper and attached to skewers. On the front of the bucket was a little heart shape that read "Our Primary sustains Bishop Kelly." Bishop was very appreciative, and he seemed to really enjoy the time he had in Primary. He even put it on the pulpit on Fathers Day, so I think he likes it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment