Sunday, October 11, 2009

General Conference- 11/10/09

It was Conference this week, so of course no primary. It was such an uplifting conference. There was one talk that really got me thinking about Primary and the impact that my teaching can have on the lives of children. It was a talk given by Russell T. Osguthorpe in the Saturday morning session. Some things to think about:


1. As a teacher, do I view myself as a messenger from God?
2. Do I prepare and then teach in ways that can help save lives?
3. Do I focus on a key doctrine of the Restoration?
4. Can those I teach feel the love I have for them and for my Heavenly Father and the Savior?
5. When inspiration comes, do I close the manual and open their eyes and their ears and their hearts to the glory of God?
6. Do I invite them to do the work that God has for them to do?
7. Do I express so much confidence in them that they find the invitation hard to refuse?
8. Do I help them recognize promised blessings that come from living the doctrine I am teaching?




No comments:

Post a Comment